An Authentic Malaysian Chicken Curry
You Will Need: (Serves 4)
- 2-3 heaped Tablespoons of The Malaya Curry Base
- 50ml Canola oil
- 300g Chicken thigh fillet, cut in 2.5cm cubes
- 250ml Water
- 50ml Fresh milk
- 2 Level Tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/2 Clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 Tomato, diced
- 1/2 Medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Medium fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon sugar, or to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt, or to taste
Place oil, onion and garlic in a medium sized pot and fry for 5 minutes over a low heat.
Add curry powder and tomato, fry gently for 2 minutes.
Add chilli, chicken, water, salt and sugar. Bring to boil and let simmer for 5-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Add coconut milk and fresh milk and bring back to simmer, season to taste.
Serve immediately with rice.
Recipe credit: The Malaya restaurant, Sydney.