The aromas of Provence on a plate
you will need: (serves4)
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves, with wings attached, about 1.4kg total
- 2 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 to 3 tsp. Herbes de Provence
- Preheat an oven to 200ºC.
- Rub the chicken with 1 Tbs. of the olive oil. Season the chicken generously on both sides with salt and pepper, then rub on both sides with the Herbes de Provence.
- In an ovenproof pan roaster or a sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm the remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil. Working in batches, place the chicken, skin side down, in the pan and sear until browned and crisp, about 6 minutes per batch.
- Return all the chicken, skin side up, to the pan and transfer to the oven. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast, away from the bone, registers 70ºC, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Leave the chicken breasts whole or cut into slices, if desired. Drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.
Recipe and image credit: Williams-Sonoma Kitchen