You Will Need-(Serves 4)
- 1 jar chermoula
- 2.5 teaspoons ras el hanout
- ¼ of a Preserved lemon
- 6 pieces chicken thigh on the bone with skin on
- Olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped into in large chunks
- 2 carrots chopped into large pieces
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped into large chunks
- 3 zucchini chopped into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Handful green olives
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Cous cous (to serve 4)
- 1 tin Chick peas
- 1 tin Red kidney beans
- 1 heaped Tablespoon Harissa
Combine the ras el hanout and chermoula. Coat and marinate chicken in the chermoula paste. Cover and place in fridge for at least 1 hour.
Heat olive oil in a pan or tagine. Remove chicken from marinating bowl. Retain and set aside any remaining chermoula paste. Brown chicken and remove from pan or tagine.
Add tomato and onion chunks to the pan or tagine and fry them off.
Add chicken, remaining veggies, remaining chermoula paste, honey.
Add stock to almost coat chicken.
Cover with lid and bring to boil.
Put on low heat and simmer for 1-1.5 hours.
Prepare couscous per packet instructions.
Serve the meat and vegetables on couscous, retaining some of the sauce.
Add a little of the retained sauce to Harissa paste, mix gently. Add this sauce to the chick peas and red kidney beans in separate bowls and serve as side dishes.