You Will Need: (serves 4)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- freshly ground black pepper
- Fleur de sel or other flaky finishing salt
- 1kg tomatoes
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon each of fresh basil, mint, and parsley leaves
Whisk together the olive oil, pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, sumac, and pepper, and salt to taste.
Slice the tomatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slabs. Arrange the tomatoes and shallots on a platter and drizzle with dressing. Depending on the size of the herbs, you can leave them whole or tear the leaves into smaller pieces. Scatter them on top of the tomatoes. Finish with salt.
Best eaten soon after assembling.
Recipe credit: Emily Han, www.thekitchn.com. Image credit: Emily Ho