An Authentic and EASY BUTTER CHICKEN
You Will need: (serves 4-6)
- 4 tbsp Butter Chicken Masala
- 1kg chicken breast/thigh, diced into cubes
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 5-6 medium tomatoes, pureéd
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp kasoori methi/dried fenugreek leaves (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
In a bowl, mix the chicken, ginger garlic paste and Butter Chicken Masala and keep aside.
In a shallow pot, heat the oil and cook the chicken until it starts to change colour. Add in the tomato pureé, cover and cook for 3-4 mins. Once the tomato gravy starts to darken, add in the salt, sugar, cooking cream, and dried fenugreek leaves. Cook until the gravy bubbles but don’t let it boil.
Stir in the butter before serving and enjoy with naan or roti.
Recipe Credit: Lord & Lion